Looks like a good month to catch up on unfinished tasks before getting involved in new projects.
Lets see if I can find a nice balance:
- CNC machines (about a year ago I fell in love with CNC machines as it combines all my interests in open hardware, open software, design, wood working and building)
I have 2 projects on the go here:
1. a small DIY 3D CNC machine using arduino uno and GRBL 3-axis motor shield. This is mainly used for demo’s but I enjoyed fabricating the many joints and I recently remodeled the Z-Axis for easter egg decorations. I would like to get this working again (by Thursday?) so I can show some people organizing this year’s space camp.
2. Main project is a Self Assembled 3-Axis CNC cutting/engraving machine based on the TinyG controller, managed by a raspberry pi. Last week I finished the limit switches and tested the PWM control of the spindle. This week I would like to practice the workflow from design to cutting/engraving. I tested a number of plugins for Inkscape to create the Gcode but I’m not satisfied with the results. Time to look into JSCUT
- LibreCube – hopefully I’ll get some time to get more involved in this innovative cubesat project. http://librecube.net/
- Odroid project – Parts arrive from Pollin.de to build a tablet based on the Odroid C2
Including in the list of parts are:
ODROID-C2 Einplatinen-Computer, 2 GHz QuadCore, 2 GB RAM, 4x USB
17,8 cm (7″) Multitouch TFT-Display mit HDMI-Anschluss ODROID-VU7
Odroid HD720p webcam
Linux on 64GB eMMC module
- Helping out as Stage Manager for “The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen’s Guild Dramatic Society’s Production of Macbeth” by ESOC Theatre group while Carlo is on mission. Yes, I know is stretch from building CNC machines but hey, welcome to my life. I think most evenings this week will go into this as its a busy play.
- Prepare 4hr workshop on Interviews for the camera. Deadline is June 10th so its a good time to get this nailed down. 2 participants, 2x 2hr sessions.
- Languages – Russian, German & Italian Ok, maybe I’ve bitten off more than I can chew but I’ll do my best. Russian lesson on Monday’s with Volkshochschule (VHS Darmstadt) and 2 tandems that are new. I spent most of last weekend speaking German so I feel ready for tomorrow’s tandem but my Italian is really very weak and may not be enough to keep my tandem buddy interested.
- Music & Dance – Uke, Drums, Sax, LindyHop This week I’ll continue with the challenge of learning Triplets. Found some good tutorials on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ue-f6kqew is another top tutorial by Drumeo for drums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bItMhJXJPpI by my favorite Uke teacher at Ten Thumbs.
Cry me a river for tenor sax, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3iN8ze3zaU
Lindy Hop will have to wait until I go to the ChaseFestival, June 16th – www.chasefestival.com/
This is a good example of how you can maximize the learning time by repeating the same lesson (e.g., Triplets) but by varying the enjoyment through dance, string, percussion and wind or what ever you like. Just need to get my robots to learn to swing!